How do consumer brands stay relevant, authentic and differentiated in a rapidly evolving and culturally complex global market? With 195 countries and 6,500 languages around the world, the challenge is daunting as brands seek new methods and motivators to connect and engage with audiences in social media, experiential and advertising channels.
John McGarr, author of Reincarnation and President of Fresh Squeezed Ideas, suggests that the most successful brands today have learned that building these strong bonds with current and future consumers requires:
- Developing a deep understanding of those they want to connect with
- Having a clear brand purpose
- Creating a brand engagement model that is based on attraction
So where do brands need to start in order to begin reaching a better understanding of their customers? And how could deeper understanding impact how and where brands engage?
To explore how marketers can create and optimize contextual, authentic engagements with consumers, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council hosted a live webinar, in partnership with Fresh Squeezed Ideas. During this interactive, hour-long session, we delved into the key questions that marketers need to be asking as they strive to better connect with and engage audiences across a multitude of channels.
Some of the topics we explored during the live webinar included:
- How marketers are managing the cultural context of their brands
- The cultural forces that influence brand perception
- How marketers are tracking brand resonance and relevance
- What is missing from what brands know about their customers
Featured speakers included:
- Matt Harsh, VP of Brand Marketing, Bob Evans Restaurants
- John McGarr, President, Fresh Squeezed Ideas
- Liz Miller, SVP of Marketing, CMO Council
Liz Miller / John McGarr