Marketers are listening for the voice of the customer. According to early findings of a study from the CMO Council in partnership with SAP Customer Experience and Hootsuite, over 60 percent of the marketers based in Europe have formal customer listening initiatives in place.
Unfortunately, only eight percent of European marketers believe these programs are “excellent”, with most marketers admitting that their listening programs are just “fairly good”, listening through corporate owned formal feedback channels, but struggling to ingest unstructured intelligence from across the organization.
Part of the issue could be how organizations view critical listening posts. With early indicators pointing to marketers primarily viewing channels like social media as either free engagement tools or PR amplification channels, it is not a surprise that many marketing leaders are looking to tackle the issue of leveraging intelligence from customer voice to better deliver consistent, contextual and personalized experiences. The big question becomes how.
Join the CMO Council, SAP Customer Experience and Hootsuite, as we delve into the findings of “Activating Voice for Experience Velocity”. The panel of marketers, engagement and customer voice experts will share reactions and prescriptions, including on-the-ground examples of how brands have transformed their thinking, strategies and actions to best capture, analyze and apply customer voice and intelligence to power better relationships with their customers.
This session will delve into how marketers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) have looked beyond the advertising and PR opportunities found in social to tune in and amplify the real time voice of their customers, turning that signal into action and personalization to market to an audience of one. Among the key issues to be debated and discussed:
- Turning social from a one-way blast into a critical listening and engagement strategy
- Identifying opportunities to apply intelligence across the omnichannel experience
- Amplifying the volume of customer voice across the organization to turn voice into a decision cycle accelerator
- Measuring the impact of customer voice against growth and business velocity
- Establishing strategies for context and creativity…and strategies to avoid being “creepy”
- Understanding how marketers are leveraging the social opportunity in the age of GDPR and heightened privacy regulations