What does social media mean for your brand? Free PR amplification tool? Complex, unfiltered sounding board for products? Wild and unruly noise of the crowd? Listening post for brand advocates and brand detractors?
The reality is that Marketers struggle to define the value of social, totally aware that there is more than just 140 characters worth of value in these massive online networks. The challenge is rarely in understanding the value of how social media has connected brands with fans…the challenge is in how to extract the intelligence and actionable queues customers actively and openly deposit across social media on a minute-by-minute basis.
According to early findings of a study from the CMO Council in partnership with SAP Customer Experience and Hootsuite, over 60 percent of the marketers based in Europe have formal customer listening initiatives in place. Unfortunately, most admit they are only listening through corporate owned formal feedback channels while struggling to ingest unstructured intelligence spread across the organization and in the customer’s own voice.
Join the CMO Council, SAP Customer Experience and Hootsuite, as we gather for an intimate dinner dialogue to delve into the findings of new research dubbed,“Activating Voice for Experience Velocity”. The dinner’s discussion will center around a new call to action to shift thinking, strategies and actions to best capture, analyze and apply customer voice and intelligence to more intentionally impact and build better relationships with customers.
This session will delve into how marketers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) have looked beyond social media’s obvious advertising and PR opportunities in order to tune in and amplify the real time voice of their customers. We will discuss how turning that social signals into marketing action has turned mass-marketing into engagements with an audience of one.
Among the key issues to be debated and discussed:
- Turning social from a one-way blast into a critical listening and engagement strategy
- Acknowledging customer and brand skeptics that mistrust social media as a trusted source – what is marketing’s responsibility to ensure transparency, authenticity and responsible, contextual conversations?
- Amplifying the volume of customer voice across the organization to turn voice into a decision cycle accelerator
- Measuring the impact of customer voice against growth and business velocity
- Understanding how marketers are leveraging the social opportunity in the age of GDPR and heightened privacy regulations
What this evening will NOT be is a discussion of managing feeds and creative hashtag use. This will be a strategic level discussion about social, data and customer engagement purposefully focused on driving profitable relationships with the customer.
If you are interested in attending this dinner or have any questions, please reach out to Christine Chiang at firstname.lastname@example.org.